Hire a Professional Experienced Agent
We believe in hiring a professionl agent
first. However, if you prefer to go it on your own and visit open houses, browse through lists of available Desoto County homes online, an experienced agent will certainly save you time and help guide you through the entire process.
- An experienced realtor agent that knows market value can spot overpriced homes and advise you accordingly.
- Some realtor agents will preview homes for you before you decide to see the home.
- An agent can send you listings directly from MLS that fit your parameters, and you won’t waste time looking at active short contingent listings that are under contract.
- Often realtors know of homes for sale before they are on the market.
- Often a realtor agent can take you on open house tours, saving you fuel expenses.
- Often a realtor agent can identify problem areas with a home that you might overlook.
Get Pre-Approved for a Loan
Before you begin shopping for a new home, it is best to know about how much home you can afford. If you need a loan there are many mortgage companies in the DeSoto County area. Getting pre-approved is fairly simple as long as you can provide the necessary information.
- Proof of Income
- Proof of Assets
- Good Credit
- Employment Verification
Find a Home to Buy
Due to the abundant communities in Olive Branch MS
, Southaven MS
, Hernando MS
, and Byhalia MS buying a home in DeSoto County can be an overwhelming process. Selecting the perfect home
takes time and effort. Your agent can help get answers to your questions about a specific property and schedule a viewing. Many buyers conduct a lot of research online before ever stepping foot in a home. On average once a community is selected most home buyers make a buying decision after 2 or 3 home tours.
Make and Negotiate an Offer
Buyers sometimes make the mistake of comparing the sales price of a home to other homes they have seen. It’s a mistake to compare sales prices among homes for sale. That’s because sellers can ask any price they want. It doesn’t mean the home will sell at that price.
Do a Home Inspection
In some states, a home inspection is conducted before buyers make a purchase offer. In other states, a home inspection is a contract contingency. A contract contingency means a buyer has the right to cancel the contract. You might not want to be locked in to buying a home that has a faulty foundation, for example.
Sellers are generally not required to make repairs if problems are discovered during a home inspection. A home inspection is for the buyer’s edification. However, sometimes when a buyer gives a Request for Repair to the seller, rather than blow the deal, the seller will often agree to make a repair.